The registered owner/operator of an aircraft is responsible for:
- Having a current Airworthiness Certificate and a Certificate of Aircraft Registration in the aircraft.
- Maintaining the aircraft in an airworthy condition, including compliance with all applicable ADs, and assuring that maintenance is properly recorded.
- Keeping abreast of current regulations concerning the operation and maintenance of the aircraft.
- Notifying the FAA Aircraft Registry immediately of any change of permanent mailing address, or of the sale or export of the aircraft, or of the loss of the eligibility to register an aircraft. (Refer to 14 CFR section 47.41.)
- Having a current Federal Communications Commission (FCC) radio station license if equipped with radios, including emergency locator transmitter (ELT), if operated outside of the United States.